How to Make Old Fashioned Bread Pudding
- 1Heat milk over low heat until hot, but not boiling, in a bowl.
- 2Combine eggs, sugar & salt, stir well.
- 3Gradually stir 1/4 of hot milk to the egg mixture & stir in.
- 4Add remaining milk, stiring constantly. Stir in vanilla.
- 5Place bread in buttered baking dish.
- 6Sprinkle raisins over bread about 2 qt. size.
- 7Pour the milk mixture over bread.
- 8Combine cinnamon & nutmeg, sprinkle over pudding mixture.
- 9Bake uncovered at 300 for 50 minutes or until the knife comes out clean. Serve warm with vanilla sauce, if desired.