Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding Made Easy
- 1 box
- vanilla pudding, cooked variety, large sized
- 1 box
- vanilla wafers, large size
- 4 or 5 medium
- bananas, very ripe
- 2 large
- egg yolks
- 3 c
- 4 large
- egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- 1 dash(es)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding Made Easy
- 1Empty contents of pudding mix into a medium sauce pan. Add egg yolks and milk. Stir well. Place pan on medium heat and heat to boiling, stirring constantly until pudding is thickened, set aside.
- 2In a casserole dish, layer vanilla wafers on the bottom and pour about one cup of pudding over the wafers. Peel and slice bananas and layer half of the sliced bananas over the pudding. Crush some of the wafers and layer over the bananas. Add another cup of pudding layering remaining bananas, more crushed vanilla wafers. Cover with final cup of pudding. Mix meringue as follows.
- 3MERINGUE: Add egg whites to mixing bowl and sprinkle with salt. Beat until foamy and gradually add sugar while beating constantly. Beat until stiff peaks form and then spread over pudding.
- 4Bake at 325 degrees for about 10 minutes or until meringue is set and golden.
- 5ABOUT THE VANILLA WAFERS: There's not really any precise amount to add, it's just a matter of taste. Just add as little or as many as you like. I like a lot of them! :)