Old Fashion Banana Pudding
6 largeegg yolks, reserve whites
1 1/2 csugar
1 stickbutter, room temperature
2 tspvanilla extract
1/3 call purpose flour
3 boxvanilla wafers cookies
How to Make Old Fashion Banana Pudding
- Mix- Flour, Sugar, Egg Yokes in a Large Pan.
- Add Milk & 1 stick of butter, stirring often.Cook over med heat.When mixture starts to thicken remove from heat.Allow to cool 2hrs or overnight.Pudding will thicken up after sitting.
- On a large plate peel & smash bananas with fork and add to pudding,mix well.
- In a Large glass bowl or long pan, cover bottom with vanilla waffers, Pour layer of pudding on top, add more waffers & pudding until about 2ins from top. Crumble some of waffers in pudding.Put some around sides.
- In large mixing bowl beat egg whites until fluffy add 1/2 cup of sugar & beat until stiff peak forms. Pour over Pudding and spread covering well. Broil until brown, turning frequently.
- Allow to cool at room temp, or chill for 1-2 hours.