Nancy's Easy Custardy Bread Pudding
- pieces of stale bread, torn in bite-size pieces (7 pieces if crust removed)
- 3 c
- evaporated or whole milk
- 1 c
- sugar (3/4 if you like less)
- 1 tsp
- nutmeg to sprinkle on top
- handful of raisins (preferably golden!), optional!
How to Make Nancy's Easy Custardy Bread Pudding
- 1Beat eggs till frothy with whisk.
- 2Slowly add milk, whisking entire time.
- 3Add sugar and vanilla.
- 4Tear bread into bite-size pieces and place in greased casserole.
- 5Pour egg mixture over bread pieces.
- 6Gently pat the bread down so it is all covered with the egg mixture.
- 7Sprinkle nutmeg to taste on top.
- 8Bake at 350* for 45 minutes to 1 hour in pan of water, until butter knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.