Nancy's Easy Custardy Bread Pudding
6pieces of stale bread, torn in bite-size pieces (7 pieces if crust removed)
3 cevaporated or whole milk
1 csugar (3/4 if you like less)
·nutmeg to sprinkle on top
·handful of raisins (preferably golden!), optional!
How to Make Nancy's Easy Custardy Bread Pudding
- Beat eggs till frothy with whisk.
- Slowly add milk, whisking entire time.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Tear bread into bite-size pieces and place in greased casserole.
- Pour egg mixture over bread pieces.
- Gently pat the bread down so it is all covered with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle nutmeg to taste on top.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes to 1 hour in pan of water, until butter knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.