My Daddys famous Banana Pudding.Southern style!
- 6 or 7 ripe bananas
- 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- 4 large
- eggs yolks
- 2 c
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- about 40 to 50 vanilla wafers
- egg whites
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make My Daddys famous Banana Pudding.Southern style!
- 1In a medium size double boiler combine flour,sugar,salt and beaten eggs yolks.Slowly add milk cooking over med high heat stirring constantly. If you don't have a double boiler you can make one by using a medium pot with about 2 inches of boiling water and use another pot with your ingredients placed on top of boiling water.
- 2Cook until mixture thickens. Remove from heat add vanilla stirring until blended.Let cool.
- 3Line casserole dish with layer of the vanilla wafers then top with sliced bananas,and custard. Continue with the layers until dish is about 2/3 full.
- 4In a seperate bowl add egg whites.Beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes until soft peaks form. Reduce speed and slowly add sugar and vanilla.Spread the meringue on top of the pudding mixture make sure to seal edges.Place in preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Makes about 10 servings