Mom's Homemade Banana Pudding
How to Make Mom's Homemade Banana Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix 1/2 c of the sugar with flour in a small saucepan. Blend in the egg yolks.
- Add vanilla extract and milk.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until thickened. Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Begin to layer the pudding (usually makes 3 layers). Add a layer of wafers in a casserole bowl.
- Top with a layer of banana slices.
- Next, pour some custard over the bananas and wafers.
- Repeat layers ending with custard.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add 1/4 c sugar.
- Beat until firm.
- Pour meringue over final custard layer.
- Crumble wafers over top.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until top is slightly browned.
- Cool at least one hour before eating.