★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 pkgunflavored gelatin
1 ccold water
1 cboiling water
1 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
3drops red food coloring
3drops green food coloring
6maraschino cherries, chopped
2 Tbspwalnuts, finely chopped
How to Make Marshmallow Pudding
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water. Add boiling water and stir. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Slowly add gelatin, whipping constantly.
- Add sugar slowly, beating constantly. Beat in vanilla.
- Divide into 3 equal parts. color one part pink and one part green.
- Layer in parfait glasses, sprinkling chopped cherries and walnuts in between layers. Sprinkle finely chopped walnuts on top, and top with a whole cherry. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe can be doubled and layered into a greased angel food cake pan. Refrigerate one hour, unmold, and slice.