Marlboro Pudding (a recipe from the 1790's)
How to Make Marlboro Pudding (a recipe from the 1790's)
- 1Melt butter and set aside to cool
- 2Zest lemon, squeeze lemon for juice and remove seeds.
- 3Add lemon to grated apples, eggs, sherry or marsala, cream, nutmeg, butter and sugar and mix well
- 4Prepare pastry and line deep, 8-inch pie plate place in 400F pre-heated oven. THEN fill with mixture.
- 5Bake 15 minutes at 400°F. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 45 minutes more or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Traditionally served warm and with the meal...or you can cool and serve as a desert!