Marbled Strawberry Mousse1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 pthulled strawberries
3 pkgunflavored gelatin
2 Tbsplemon juice
1 tspvanilla extract
4egg whites, room temperature
2 cheavy cream
How to Make Marbled Strawberry Mousse
- Early in day or day ahead: Prepare collar for 1 1/2 quart souffle dish: tear off 20-inch strip of waxed paper; fold lengthwise to make a 20-inch by 6-inch strip.
- Wrap strip around outside of dish so collar stands 2 inches above rim.
- In food processor or blender, puree strawberries.
- Pour 1 cup puree into a small bowl, remaining puree into a large bowl.
- In 1 quart saucepan, mix gelatin, sugar and salt.
- Add water; cook over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, stirring often.
- Into puree in small bowl, stir 2 tablespoons of gelatin mixture.
- Into puree in large bowl, stir lemon juice, vanilla and remaining gelatin mixture.
- Refrigerate mixtures, stirring often, until mixtures mound when dropped from spoon (about 45 minutes).
- In small bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Using a spatula, gently fold egg whites and cream into strawberry mixture in the large bowl.
- Alternately spoon strawberry mixtures from large and small bowls into prepared souffle dish.
- Cut through mixtures with knife to make marbled design, then cover and refrigerate until mousse is set (about 3 hours).
- Carefully remove waxed paper collar before serving.