Maple Bread Pudding with Pecan Praline Crunch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups half and half or light cream
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 loaf egg bread, 1 lb, torn into bite size pieces, about 14 cups
- vanilla ice cream
How to Make Maple Bread Pudding with Pecan Praline Crunch
- 1For pecan praline crunch, lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside. In small pan, mix sugar and the water. Cook over medium heat stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to boiling. Reduce heat. Without stirring, boil gently uncovered about 7 minutes or til mixture turns a deep amber color. Remove from heat; stir in pecans. Quickly pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Cool for 30 minutes. Break or chop praline into small pieces. Set aside.
- 2In very large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Add bread pieces, stir to moisten evenly. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 3 quart rectangular baking dish. Transfer bread mixture to the prepared baking dish; Bake, uncovered, about 40 minutes or til golden brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 4Serve warm bread pudding with scoops of ice cream. Sprinkle with pecan praline crunch. Makes 12 to 16 servings.