Louisiana Croissant Bread Pudding
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk ( 14 oz)
- 5-6 c
- croissants, torn into small pieces
- 1 can(s)
- fruit of your choice in juice or light syrup (sliced peaches, fruit cocktail, apricots or whatever) undrained (15-16 oz. can)
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream or half and half
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- 1/2 -1 c
- raisins (optional)
- 1 stick
- butter (melted)
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
How to Make Louisiana Croissant Bread Pudding
- 1In a large bowl, tear the croissants into small pieces. Cover with dish cloth or paper towel and allow them to stale for several hours or overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3In a medium sized bowl,combine, cream, sweetened condensed milk, slightly beaten eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Blend well.
- 4To the liquid mixture add the undrained fruit, chopped nuts, and raisins (optional). Blend together well and pour over the torn croissant pieces. Stir to throughly coat the coissant pieces.
- 5Add melted butter to the mixture and stir to blend well. Allow to sit for 10 minutes or so to allow the croissants to absorb some of the liquid. The mixture will be somewhat "mushy."
- 6Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until slightly browned. Serve warm. Great served plain or with a dollop of whipped cream topping.