2 to 3 pkglime jell-o
1 to 2 ccarrots shredded
1 cgrapes seedless quartered
·water per directions
1/2 cwalnuts or pecans coarse chopped or not (optional)
·cool whip or tablespoon of ice cream per serving (optional)
How to Make Lime Jell-O and Carrots
- In medium to large bowl mix Lime Jell-O per package directions. Go a little scant on the water due to moisture in Carrots and Grapes. Place in 9" by 13" cake pan or Glass casserole dish.
- Rinse,pare and shred Carrots. Rinse Seedless Grape (Red or White), then quarter. Add Carrots and Grapes to Jell-O and stir.
- Refrigerate until Jell-O sets. When it starts to get a little wobbly stir to bring ingredient from bottom. Allow to cool and set.
- To serve slice into squares. Add Cool Whip or a dab of Ice Cream if you wish.
- If you encounter any reluctance with the youngsters, press a single M & M to the center of the square and suggest with "Authority" that they eat their way to the center to retrieve. THIS PLOY WORKS -- SOMETIMES. If you use Orange Jell-O they may not even notice the Carrots.
- Note: If for toddlers omit the nuts and maybe chop the grapes finer. Peace!
- Hint: I've had times when the Jell-O just doesn't set up and firm. In this case I salvage by adding an additional box of Jell-O using 1/2 to 1/3 the recommended water. Using very hat water I disolve well and stir and completely incorporate into the failed batch. It works.