Lemon Sponge Pudding With Blueberries
Disclaimer: I have not made this recipe, yet. I am posting it as a response in answer to others' requests for some new, different and interesting Weight Watchers recipes.
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- 1% milk
- 2 large
- lemons, zested and juiced
- 3 large
- eggs, separated
- 1 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- confectioners' sugar
- 6 oz
- container of fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
How to Make Lemon Sponge Pudding With Blueberries
- 1Pre-heat heating base of a 5- or 6-quart crock pot to HIGH.
- 2Combine granulated sugar and flour in a medium bowl. Whisk in milk, lemon zest and juice, egg YOLKS, and melted butter. In a separate bowl, with electric mixer on HIGH speed, beat egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. With rubber spatula, gently fold beaten egg whites into lemon mixture just until no streaks of white remain.
Do not over-stir, or you will lose the 'body' and volume of the beaten egg whites.
- 3Pour mixture into a 2-qt. glass bowl. Cover bowl tightly with foil, securing foil with a rubber band. Place bowl in the stoneware/crock insert of the crock pot, and place onto the heating base. Pour enough boiling water into the stoneware to come halfway up the outside of the bowl. Cover with crock pot lid and cook until top is set, about 2 hours.
- 4Carefully transfer the bowl to a cooling rack and remove foil. Let pudding cool. Dust top with confectioners' sugar and serve warm, or at room temperature, with blueberries.