Lemon Ice Box Dessert
It is always a big hit. Light and fluffy, Never any left overs.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
8 largeeggs, separated
1 1/2 csugar
1 pkgknox gelatin
1/2 cboiling water
1/2 ptwhipped cream, sweetened
1 tsplemon extract
How to Make Lemon Ice Box Dessert
- Beat egg yokes, add 1/2 sugar,2 tsp lemon zest, and the juice from two lemons. Cook in a double boiler until the custard coats the spoon.
- Melt gelatin in 1/2 cold water, and desolve in 1/2 boiled water. Let cool, and then mix with custard.
- Beat egg whites with 1 cup sugar until dry. fold into custard with 1/2 tsp lemon extract.
- Place ladyfingers in a 10" spring form pan, on bottom and around the sides. Pour in the custard mixture.
- Serve with whipping cream with 1/2 tsp extract.