Lemon Crunch Dessert
This dessert is so light and airy, it's going to be real hard not to eat the whole pie at once. It's sweet, tangy, and bursting with lemon flavor. The gingersnap cookie crust and the ginger/almond topping add a nice crunch to the pie. It will be a favorite at your next party.
- small gingersnap cookies, about 2 cups
- 5 Tbsp
- butter or margarine at room temperature
- 2 pkg
- lemon gelatin, 3 oz. each
- 1 1/2 c
- boiling water
- 1 pt
- lemon sherbet, slightly softened
- container low-fat lemon yogurt, 8 oz.
- 2 c
- thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1 pt
- fresh strawberries, hulled and rinsed cut into 1/4 in. slices
- 3 Tbsp
- sliced almonds
- 2 tsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- reserved crumb mixture
- whole strawberries and lemon slices
How to Make Lemon Crunch Dessert
- 1Have a 9 1/2 or 10-inch pie plate ready.
- 10NOTE: I made this for Easter and decided to use a springform pan. It turned out great! It should be easier to cut this way than in a pie plate.