1 largecontainer of strawberries, optional;( blueberries,rasberries,blackberries or all 4)!
2 lbloaf of angelfood cake
1 largebx of cheesecake or, vanilla pudding
2 1/2 ccold milk follow directions on bx for pudding
1 largecontainer of strawberry glaze
1 largetub of cool whip any variety
How to Make Layered Shortcake
- Slice loaf of Angelfood cake in half, then in 3 slices length ways. Then slice in cubes. Cover and set aside.
- Slice Strawberries; and add whatever other berries you choose, mix well. Cover and place in fridge.
- Prepare pudding according to directions on box; except cut the milk to 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 cups of milk. The less milk used the thicker the pudding. You don't want it to thick though. Allow to thicken in the fridge according to directions.
- Mix in the Strawberry Glaze, Mix until smooth and uniform in color. Set back in fridge for now as you gather your cubed cake and berries and your footed bowl or any other clear bowl that you may have. 2.5 to 4 qt. capcity
- Starting with Cake place a layer on bottom of bowl, next layer berries, then Glaze then, Cool Whip. Then continue layering in the same order ending with Cool Whip. I like to dress the top with Strawberries in the middle and a little dollop of Cool Whip on the berries.
- I have also made this dessert using Vanilla Wafers instead of Angelfood cake. Using wafers I start by placing either crushed or whole wafers on the bottom of bowl then surrounding them by placing wafers on edge around the bowl. Then layer the rest of the ingredients as before; ending by, dressing the top with berries in the center of the Cool Whip and surrounding them with whole wafers on egde. and again a little dollop of Cool Whip on top.