Late night Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
6 cstale white or wheat bread cut or torn into small pieces ( i use a mix of both)
3 cany kind of apple peeled and diced small
5whole eggs, beaten
3 chalf and half
1 csplenda brown sugar blend
2 tspvanilla extract
2 tspapple pie spice
1 stickbutter, cold
1 can(s)sweetened condensed milk
1bag kraft caramels, unwrapped
How to Make Late night Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease or spray a 9×13? baking dish with shortening or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the bread cubes and the apple pieces. Transfer to the baking dish. In the same large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients except for the butter. When combined, continue to whisk while pouring over the bread/apple mixture (just to make sure the spices are evently distributed). Gently combine the bread and egg mixture, making sure each piece of bread is soaking in part of the egg and milk mixture. Allow to stand for at least 15 minutes (longer, if you can; you could even do this the night before, cover it tightly, and then bake it in the morning).
- Place the condensed milk into a microwaveable dish and put in half the caramels and microwave for 1 minute, then stir. Keep microwaving in 30 second intervals until all caramels are melted and blended smoothly with the condensed milk, make sure you add the whole bag of caramels to the milk. This process should take about 3 minutes.
- When the egg/milk mixture has mostly soaked into the bread, dab the butter over the bread and drizzle half the caramel mixture over the top, place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the center is set but not dry. It will have a slight jiggle to it.
Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Just before ready to serve, warm the caramel up again to thin it, about 18 seconds, and drizzle on top of each serving.
Serve with vanilla ice cream to make a delicious desert! Enjoy.