"Heavy Cream" Filling for Eclairs & Cream Puffs
I have two kinds of cream, and both are easy to make. Please feel free to pass it on, and GET COOKIN.......ENJOY !
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream, cold
- 1/4 c
- fine sugar
- 1 tsp
- powdered sugar for dusting top of pastry
- piping bag and tips (zip-lock bag)
HEAVY CREAM RECIPE SHOULD BE MADE RIGHT BEFORE SERVING !
HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM SHOULD BE VERY COLD
How to Make "Heavy Cream" Filling for Eclairs & Cream Puffs
- 1Add heavy cream to mixing bowl, and start whipping at medium speed until texture change (cream will began to thinken)
- 2Add sugar slowly while still mixing, add vanilla
I know you want to taste it " go on, taste it". Now make adjustment to the sugar if you want more. This is also the time to add any "special Libations" =rum, kahlua', coffee....
- 3Mix on high speed until thick and creamy
Cream is done! STOP EATING IT ! Leave some for the pastry.
- 4Cut small whole in bag and insert piping tip.
hang in drinking glass (tip down)
- 5*Cut open pastries
DON'T HAVE PASTRY ? SEE= ECLAIR & CREAM PUFF DOUGH 101
- 6Began to fill piping bag with cream, (fill only half full) Shake bag to move cream to tip, and remove air pockets.
- 7With firm pressure, squeezing from the top. Filling pastry with desired amount of cream. Put top back on pastry. Springle with powdered sugar (optional).