Healthy Pumpkin Pudding
Ruth Ann Vokac
1 can(s)cooked pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cegg substitute (or two eggs) (or 4 egg whites)
1 cevaporated fat-free milk
1/4 cwhole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour or pancake mix
2 1/2 tsppumpkin pie spice
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Healthy Pumpkin Pudding
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
Spray an 8" x 8" oven-proof dish or a 9" pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, eggs (or substitute), and vanilla.
Add all the other ingredients to the pumpkin ingredients. Using a mixer or immersion blender, mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour mixed pudding ingredients in prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in refrigerator after pudding is cool.
Cut into servings and serve with whipped cream or a little honey if desired.
- NOTE: For a lactose-free product, substitute 3/4 cup silken tofu and 1/4 cup lactaid milk for the evaporated milk--works for pumpkin pies also. Make sure you mix until you can't see specks of tofu.
- Note: You can double the recipe and bake it in a 9" x13" dish. However, my problem with that is finding a bowl large enough for mixing all the ingredients. But I often do that when I use tofu instead of evaporated milk so I can use all the package of tofu.