HASTY PUDDING -a very old cornmeal recipe
Nancy J. Patrykus
1. It is cold out.
2. For a quick breakfast.
3. When I need just a snack.
4. When I am sad.
5. When I can't sleep.
6. When it is raining.
7. When I have hunger pains.
8. When it is snowing out.
9. When it is hot out.
11.When I have nothing else to do.
12.And last..when you come to visit!
- 1 c
- yellow corn meal
- 3 c
- water 2 to boil...... 1 cold with the cornmeal
- butter,maple syrup, brown sugar, molasses, or light cream
How to Make HASTY PUDDING -a very old cornmeal recipe
- 1Put the cornmeal in a bowl and add 1cup of cold water..
In a heavy saucepan bring 3 cups of water, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a boil. Carefully stir in the cornmeal mixture, making sure it does not lump.
Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally,for 12 to 15 minutes.
Serve pudding with a pat of butter ( Oh! go ahead LOTS,of butter) and the sweetener of your choice, or cream.
- 2Picture is my lunch 10/31/11
lots of butter, maple syrup in the middle..
I eat around the outer edge first, while dipping the spoon with pudding into the syrup.
My, my, that,s GOOOOD!