GRANNY'S STRAWBERRY LAYERED DESSERT
2 boxfrozen strawberries (or other fruit) in heavy syrup (thawed)
1 boxvanilla instant pudding (large)
1small container of cool whip
1 cchopped nuts (optional)
1vanilla or white pound cake (store bought or box cake)
1 boxcream cheese
How to Make GRANNY'S STRAWBERRY LAYERED DESSERT
- You will need a large deep either round or rectangular bowl. Very pretty if glass. Makes a very pretty presentation on table.
- Make Vanilla Pudding according to directions for pudding on back of box and add box of cream cheese and mix until smooth. Put little extra milk in to make pudding consistency a little thinner than normal so will saturate cake when layered.
- Tear apart cake and set aside in bowl. If made from box cake, make sure you have cooled the cake completely before you begin the layering process.
- Get strawberries out of boxes and pour into either pitcher or large measuring cup with pouring spout and set aside.
- Begin by covering bottom of your bowl with pieces of crumbled cake, then pour 1/3 strawberries & juice over cake mixture, then cover lightly with vanilla pudding mixture, then spread cool whip over those three layers. Repeat until all ingredients have been used in layers. If you are using nuts, you may choose to layer with other ingredients or just cover top of finished dessert with them and some fresh strawberries:)
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hrs before serving. ENJOY!