GRANNY'S STRAWBERRY LAYERED DESSERT
- 2 box
- frozen strawberries (or other fruit) in heavy syrup (thawed)
- 1 box
- vanilla instant pudding (large)
- small container of cool whip
- 1 c
- chopped nuts (optional)
- vanilla or white pound cake (store bought or box cake)
- 1 box
- cream cheese
How to Make GRANNY'S STRAWBERRY LAYERED DESSERT
- 1You will need a large deep either round or rectangular bowl. Very pretty if glass. Makes a very pretty presentation on table.
- 2Make Vanilla Pudding according to directions for pudding on back of box and add box of cream cheese and mix until smooth. Put little extra milk in to make pudding consistency a little thinner than normal so will saturate cake when layered.
- 3Tear apart cake and set aside in bowl. If made from box cake, make sure you have cooled the cake completely before you begin the layering process.
- 4Get strawberries out of boxes and pour into either pitcher or large measuring cup with pouring spout and set aside.
- 5Begin by covering bottom of your bowl with pieces of crumbled cake, then pour 1/3 strawberries & juice over cake mixture, then cover lightly with vanilla pudding mixture, then spread cool whip over those three layers. Repeat until all ingredients have been used in layers. If you are using nuts, you may choose to layer with other ingredients or just cover top of finished dessert with them and some fresh strawberries:)
- 6Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hrs before serving. ENJOY!