How to Make Grandpa's Rice Pudding
- 1Take raisins and soak in hot water for 2 hours, then drain.
- 2Boil the can of water, add 1/2 cup of rice, stir and cover. Turn heat to low and cook for 22 minutes.
- 3Take the can of evaporated milk and warm in a pot on stovetop.
- 4Beat eggs, add sugar, vanilla and salt. Put warmed milk in a corningware dish, beat in egg mixture with a wire wisk. Stir in rice and raisins.
- 5Sprinkle top with cinnamon and nutmeg. Place corningware dish in a larger pan (pie plate) containing warm water and bake at 325 for one hour. Do not overbake.