Ginataang Mais (Corn with Coconut Milk)
- 13 1/2 oz
- can coconut milk
- 5 c
- 3/4 c
- sweet glutinous rice (you may sub sushi rice or short-grain rice)
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- shredded dried coconut (optional)
- 1 Tbsp
- ears *fresh* corn, shucked, silk removed and scraped to collect the corn "milk"
- 1 tsp
- vanilla paste (extract ok)
How to Make Ginataang Mais (Corn with Coconut Milk)
- 1*Gently* boil the coconut milk, water, sweet rice, sugar, salt, and shredded coconut (if using) over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally.
- 2When rice is fully cooked and every grain is plump and sticky (the mixture will resemble runny rice pudding), add the butter and shucked fresh corn. Continue to cook, still stirring occasionally, until everything has thickened nicely. Take off heat, stir in the vanilla paste or extract and let cool. It will continue to thicken slightly as it cools.