- 4 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- arborio rice (italian rice)...do not use regular rice, you won't get the same results
- 3/4 c
- sugar or a little less, if you don't want it too sweet
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 c
- raisins (optional)
How to Make Excellent Rice Pudding
- 1Use a casserole dish with a lid. Heat oven to 325F
- 2In casserole dish, add milk, sugar, rice and butter....stir well.
Place in preheated oven for approx. 2 to 2 1/2 hours, stirring after each half hour, until it starts to be creamy.
- 3Once somewhat thickened, remove from oven and add the Cinnamon,Raisins and Vanilla stir, and let sit covered until lukewarm. Can be eaten warm, refrigerate! Yummy.
Cooking times will vary according to your oven.