El mejor Arroz con Leche(The best rice pudding)
- 2 c
- lightly salted water
- 1 c
- medium grain rice
- 15 oz
- cream of coconut
- 6 c
- vanilla almond milk(plus a little extra)
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter
- 2-3 stick
- cinnamon stick
- 1 c
- egg whites or 6 eggs
- 1 c
- 3 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make El mejor Arroz con Leche(The best rice pudding)
- 1In a large saucepan bring the 2 cups water to boil, and slowly pour in rice without stirring. Lower the heat, cover and cook for about 7 minutes.
- 2Mix cream of coconut and almond milk to reach 8 cups, cut stick of butter into milk and add 2 or 3 cinnamon sticks.
- 3Pour milk mixture into the rice and stir using a whisk. Bring mixture to a boil, lower heat, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- 4Whisk egg whites/eggs just until little frothy then mix in sugar and vanilla.
- 5Remove rice mixture from the heat and slowly pour egg mixture into the rice continually stirring until it starts to thicken. Pudding will thicken once it’s cooled.
- 6Let the pudding cool completely before covering and storing in fridge.