El mejor Arroz con Leche(The best rice pudding)
2 clightly salted water
1 cmedium grain rice
15 ozcream of coconut
6 cvanilla almond milk(plus a little extra)
1 stickunsalted butter
2-3 stickcinnamon stick
1 cegg whites or 6 eggs
3 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make El mejor Arroz con Leche(The best rice pudding)
- In a large saucepan bring the 2 cups water to boil, and slowly pour in rice without stirring. Lower the heat, cover and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Mix cream of coconut and almond milk to reach 8 cups, cut stick of butter into milk and add 2 or 3 cinnamon sticks.
- Pour milk mixture into the rice and stir using a whisk. Bring mixture to a boil, lower heat, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Whisk egg whites/eggs just until little frothy then mix in sugar and vanilla.
- Remove rice mixture from the heat and slowly pour egg mixture into the rice continually stirring until it starts to thicken. Pudding will thicken once it’s cooled.
- Let the pudding cool completely before covering and storing in fridge.