Eggnog Bread Pudding
For a richer pudding, combine custard and sauce together in saucepan. Pour over the bread and bake.
5 slicewhite bread, cut in half
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cevaporated milk (fat free for a lighter version)
1/2 tspnutmeg, ground
1/3 cbrown sugar, unpacked
1/4 ccorn syrup, light
1/3 corange juice
1 ozrum, dark or eggnog alcohol
How to Make Eggnog Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8" x 8" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Lay bread slices, overlapping, in dish.
- Beat together sugar, milk, vanilla and egg. Add nutmeg and raisins.
- Pour custard over bread slices and press bread into it to help soak it. Bake until firm, about 30 minutes.
- For sauce, put brown sugar, corn syrup, orange juice and rum into a small saucepan and simmer for two minutes.
- To serve, cut pudding into eight rectangles and top with warm rum sauce.