☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
5 cdiced cinnamon bread (1 inch cubes)
2 largeegg yolk
1 1/2 chalf and half
1/4 crum or vanilla rum
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tsppumkin pie spice or nutmeg
How to Make Eggnog Bread Pudding "Muffins"
- Preheat oven to 475 with the rack in the center of the oven.
- Spray a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray
- Have ready a kettle of boiling water and a roasting pan or deep cookie sheet large enough to hold the muffin tin.
- Put the diced cinnamon bread in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, wisk together the eggs, yolks, sugar, half and half, rum, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg.
- Pour liquid mixture over the bread cubes and gently mix to make sure all the bread is soaked.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin tin. I like to leave the pieces sticking up and not press them in. The presentation is nice this way.
- Place the muffin tin into the cookie sheet or roasting pan and place in the preheated oven. Carefully pour the kettle of hot water into the sheet pan to create a water bath for the muffin tin.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean. I usually start checking at 10 minutes and every 3 min thereafter.
- Cool 10 minutes. Run a butter knife around edges and remove. Refridgerate. I like mine cold with whipped cream, but some prefer them warm with ice cream or whipped cream, or both!!