☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 5 c
- diced cinnamon bread (1 inch cubes)
- 2 large
- 2 large
- egg yolk
- 3/4 c
- 1 1/2 c
- half and half
- 1/4 c
- rum or vanilla rum
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp
- pumkin pie spice or nutmeg
How to Make Eggnog Bread Pudding "Muffins"
- 1Preheat oven to 475 with the rack in the center of the oven.
- 2Spray a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray
- 3Have ready a kettle of boiling water and a roasting pan or deep cookie sheet large enough to hold the muffin tin.
- 4Put the diced cinnamon bread in a large bowl and set aside.
- 5In another bowl, wisk together the eggs, yolks, sugar, half and half, rum, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg.
- 6Pour liquid mixture over the bread cubes and gently mix to make sure all the bread is soaked.
- 7Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin tin. I like to leave the pieces sticking up and not press them in. The presentation is nice this way.
- 8Place the muffin tin into the cookie sheet or roasting pan and place in the preheated oven. Carefully pour the kettle of hot water into the sheet pan to create a water bath for the muffin tin.
- 9Bake 15-20 minutes until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean. I usually start checking at 10 minutes and every 3 min thereafter.
- 10Cool 10 minutes. Run a butter knife around edges and remove. Refridgerate. I like mine cold with whipped cream, but some prefer them warm with ice cream or whipped cream, or both!!