DELIGHTFULLY COOL SUMMER STRAWBERRY TORTE
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This recipe requires a BIG bowl... and not just because the recipe makes a lot, but because your family is going to want to EAT a lot of this truly delightful dessert! We halved the recipe when we made it in the Test Kitchen and it still made plenty to fill our largest bowl. I would consider this the perfect finish to any summer supper. Enjoy!
[Read more about this recipe in Janet's Notebook!] The Test Kitchen
2 pkgconatainers of fresh strawberries (large)
2 pkgcool whip ( large tubs)
1-2 pkgyellow and red velvet cake mix
2 boxlarge, vanilla pudding
2 pkgstrawberry glaze
How to Make DELIGHTFULLY COOL SUMMER STRAWBERRY TORTE
- take your cake mix, bake the cakes as directed on the box
after cakes are done, set aside to cool
- while cakes are cooling, clean strawberries and take off the tops
slice the strawberries so that when you use them they lay flat.
set aside in refrigerater
- now that you are done doing the strawberries, prepare the pudding as directed on package, except add less milk and some cool whip, this gives it a bit more fluffyness, the package will say this, if not just add about 1/4 cup milk and about half of one tub of cool whip
- now that everything is ready, you can start to complete your tower
- crumble the cake in your bowl or cake cover that is turned upside down on its stand and proceed like this
- crumble the cake on the bottom,put some starwberry glaze on the cake spread it out on the layer, put pudding on top of glaze, then strawberries on top of the pudding, then cool whip on top of the strawberries, then repeat until you use all your ingredients.(with the two different cakes you use one then the other to make a beautiful tower)
refrigerate for about 1 hour, and then it is ready to eat.