How to Make Cuban Flan
- 1Using flan pot or 2 quart pot with tight fitting lid, place 1/2 cup sugar in pot and caramelize sugar.(do this by melting sugar over medium heat (stirring constanly} until melted and amber in color. Remove from the stove with hot pad and move caramel around on sides of pot (only half way up pot)
- 2Mix eggs with other 1/2 cup sugar, milk and vanilla and mix well.(I do this with blender don't have to though). Place egg mixture in flan/pot or 2 quart pot cover with flan pot lid or if using 2quart pot place Aluminum foil tightly over pot and place lid on top.
- 3place pot into another pot big enough to hold the flan pot or 2 quart pot and fill with water until about 1 1/2 inch of water covers sides of smaller pot.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for at least 1 hour. but to ensure that flan is done remove lid and stick kitchen knife in center of flan if it comes out clean it's done. Remove pot from water pot and cool ompletely.
- 5When Flan has cooled remove lid/foil and place a dish or plate that is bigger than the top of the flan pot on top, make sure the plate has a small lip as caramel will run. Place one hand on bottom of pot and one hand on top of plate and turn upside down on platter. serve or place in refridgetor covered until serving.