Croissant Cream Cheese Flan
How to Make Croissant Cream Cheese Flan
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Slice croissants in half and lightly toast in the oven, face up for 10 minutes.
- 2Caramelize the bottom of an 8 x 4 inch round pan by pouring 1/2 cup sugar into the pan. Dissolve sugar over medium heat til light brown, making sure to cover entire bottom of pan. Let cool.
- 3Layer toasted croissants in pan. In blender, mix eggs for 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, evaporated milk and condensed milk; blend to make a creamy custard.
- 4Pour egg mixture into a large bowl and add remaining sugar, half and half and vanilla. Mix with wooden spoon til well incorporated and pour over croissants. Make sure mixture saturates the croissants.
- 5Put pan in larger pan container 1/2 inch of warm water and bake for about 1 hour. Cooking time may vary depending on oven. Flan should have a light golden color when done.
- 6Remove from oven and let cool. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. makes 10 servings. Tip: Cut flan into squares and serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top. Drizzle with caramel sauce from the pan and you have a delicious flan a la mode.