Croissant Cream Cheese Flan
·4 kirkland (costco) croissants
·1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
·5 large eggs
·8 oz. cream cheese, softened
·18 oz. evaporated milk
·7 oz. sweetened condensed milk
·16 oz. half and half
·1 tbsp. vanilla extract
How to Make Croissant Cream Cheese Flan
- Preheat oven to 350. Slice croissants in half and lightly toast in the oven, face up for 10 minutes.
- Caramelize the bottom of an 8 x 4 inch round pan by pouring 1/2 cup sugar into the pan. Dissolve sugar over medium heat til light brown, making sure to cover entire bottom of pan. Let cool.
- Layer toasted croissants in pan. In blender, mix eggs for 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, evaporated milk and condensed milk; blend to make a creamy custard.
- Pour egg mixture into a large bowl and add remaining sugar, half and half and vanilla. Mix with wooden spoon til well incorporated and pour over croissants. Make sure mixture saturates the croissants.
- Put pan in larger pan container 1/2 inch of warm water and bake for about 1 hour. Cooking time may vary depending on oven. Flan should have a light golden color when done.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. makes 10 servings. Tip: Cut flan into squares and serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top. Drizzle with caramel sauce from the pan and you have a delicious flan a la mode.