CREME BRULEE W/BERRIES (SALLYE)
Note: The prep time includes the time required to chill in the refrigerator.
CREME BRULEE INGREDIENTS
6extra large egg yolks
1-1/4 cgranulated sugar
3 cheavy cream
1-1/2 tspreal mexican vanilla
1 cfresh raspberries ***
6 to 8frozen pastry shells (preformed)
1 cfresh raspberries***
1/2 cgranulated sugar
2 Tbspdry white wine
How to Make CREME BRULEE W/BERRIES (SALLYE)
- Bake pastry shells at 350ºF until light toasty brown and set aside. (about 5 minutes)
- Lightly whisk egg yolks.
Place eggs and 1/2 cup of sugar in the top half of a double boiler over very hot water over medium heat
- Vigorously whisk until lemon colored and the consistency of mousse. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place cream, remainder of sugar and vanilla in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
Bring to a boil, then immediately remove from heat.
Slowly pour into egg yolks mixture, whisking rapidly as you pour.
- Return double boiler back to medium heat.
Cook, stirring constantly until mixture is quite thick (about 10 minutes)
- Remove top half of double boiler and place in a bowl of ice.
Stir occasionally while mixture cools until it reaches the consistency of a very thick custard.
- Spread a single layer of fresh raspberries over the bottom of baked puff pastry shells.
Spoon cooled crème over raspberries to the top of the shells.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours up to 8 hours.
- When chilled, sprinkle 2 tablespoon sugar over each filled shell.
If you have a hand held kitchen butane torch, you can use it to caramelize the sugar.
If you don't have a torch, place shells on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 6 inches away from broiler flame for about 3 minutes or until sugar caramelized.
DO NOT OVERCOOK OR CREME WILL MELT.
- immediately remove from heat. Pour raspberry sauce over the bottom of 6 dessert plates.
Place a crème brulee in the center of each and serve immediately.
- HOW TO MAKE THE RASPBERRY SAUCE.
- Cook over medium heat sugar, water, and white wine in a heavy small pan or skillet until sugar is completely dissolved and you have a smooth syrup.
Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Place raspberries in food processor or blender and puree until very smooth.
Strain through a fine sieve to remove all the seeds.
- Whisk the simple syrup and raspberry puree together until well blended.
- ***You can substitute blueberries, sliced strawberries, blackberries, or your choice of other kinds.