☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 ptfresh raspberries
3 largeegg yolks
1 1/3 cheavy cream
1 tspvanilla extract
3/4 csuperfine sugar
How to Make Creme Brulee Julia
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Arrange the raspberries in a single layer at the bottom of a 9-inch round baking dish.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs and yolks together with the sugar.
- In a heavy saucepan bring the cream, milk, and vanilla to a boil over medium heat.
- Pour the mixture very slowly into the eggs, whisking constantly. Return mixture to the saucepan. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the custard coats the back of the spoon (about 4 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Carefully pour the custard through a sieve over the raspberries in the prepared baking dish. Place a large pan in the middle rack of your oven. Place the baking dish in the center of the pan. Fill the pan with hot water halfway up the side of the dish.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, just until center of custard is no longer wet.
- Remove the baked custard from the water bath and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap right on the surface of the custard and chill completely.
- Immediately before serving, preheat the broiler.
- Sift the superfine sugar evenly over the top of the custard, spreading it to the edges. Set the custard as close to the heat as possible. Broil until browned but not burned, about 1 1/2 minutes. Watch closely.
- Scoop dollops to serve. Wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator.