Creamy Stovetop Rice Pudding
I got this recipe many, many years ago from a local farm paper. It is the best rice pudding I've ever tasted.
How to Make Creamy Stovetop Rice Pudding
- Combine milk, rice, sugar, butter and salt in a 3 quart heavy saucepan.
- Over MEDIUM heat, heat above mixture until tiny bubbles form around the edge, stirring frequently. This can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 1/2 hour, depending on your stove.
- Reduce heat to LOW. Cover and simmer for about 1 hour or till rice is very tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg before serving.
- We like to eat it hot, but you can also serve it cold.