Coconut Custard (Tembleque)
Ilean Maite Benvenuti
How to Make Coconut Custard (Tembleque)
- 1In a sauce pan mix together the cornstarch, sugar and salt.
- 2Whisk in the coconut milk and simmer over low to medium heat.
- 3Stir constantly until the mixture is thoroughly cooked and thickens.
- 4Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour pudding into a mold.
- 5Allow the pudding to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Garnish with sprinkled ground cinnamon, a cinnamon stick, and/or toasted coconut flakes.