Cinnamon Bread Pudding for Diabetics
The picture is taken of the recipe page. It is not mine.
If someone tries this before me, please let me know what you think.
- 2 c
- skim milk
- 4 Tbsp
- margarine, cut into pieces
- egg whites
- 5 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cloves
- 3 dash(es)
- ground mace (optional)
- 1/4 tsp
- 4 c
- cubed, day-old french or italian bread cut into 3/4" cubes.
How to Make Cinnamon Bread Pudding for Diabetics
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Heat milk and margarine to simmering in medium saucepan; remove from heat and stir until margarine is melted. Cool 10 minutes.
- 3Beat egg and egg whites in large bowl until foamy; mix in Splenda, spices and salt. Mix milk mixture into egg mixture; mix in bread.
- 4Spoon mixture into ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Place casserole in roasting pan on over rack; add 1 inch hot water. Bake, uncovered until pudding is set and sharp knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- 5202 cal
37 mg chol
422 mg sodium