Chocolate Barley Pudding
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/4 cup regular barley
- 1 squar (1 oz) semi sweet chocolate
- 1 tbs butter or margarine
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tbs milk
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
How to Make Chocolate Barley Pudding
- 1Bring 3/4 cup water to a boil. Add barley. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour. Cool.
- 2In saucepan melt chocolate and butter or margarine over low heat.
- 3Combine the 1 Tbs sugar and cornstarch. Stir into chocolate mixture.
- 4Add milk and egg yolk.
- 5Cook and stir until the mixture is bubbly.
- 6Stir in vanilla and barley.
- 7In a small mixer bowl beat egg white on high speed of mixer to form soft peaks. Gradually add the remaining 2 Tbs sugar and beat to stiff peaks. Fold into barley mixture.
- 8Cover and chill.
- 9To serve, whip the 1/2 cream: layer pudding in parfaits with 3/4 of the whipped cream: top with remaining cream and walnuts, if desired.