Caramelized Banana Pudding
Rev BJ Friley
This is 1 of my late wife's recipes. She was a member on Just A Pinch.com
Brenda Kay Friley...May 27, 1965 - September 19, 2012
We was married on October 9, 2010...pictures of our wedding is in my photo album
1/2 clight brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 tspcinnamon, ground
4 largeripe bananas, sliced
1 cgranulated sugar, divided
1/3 call purpose flour
4 largeeggs, separated
2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Caramelized Banana Pudding
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F - Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly. Add bananas; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until throughly heated. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together 3/4 cup granulated sugar, next 3 ingredients, and 4 egg yolks in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until a pudding-like thickness. (Mixture will just begin to bubble and will hold stiff peaks when whisk is lifted.) Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Divide half of banana mixture, pudding, and wafers among 8 (1-cup) ovenproof glass dishes. Layer with remaining banana mixture, pudding, and vanilla wafers.
- Beat 4 egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Add remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 Tbsp. at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves (2 to 4 minutes). Spread meringue over ovenproof glass dishes. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until meringue is golden. Let cool on a wire rack 30 minutes.