How to Make Caramel Croissant Pudding
- 1Heat the oven to 350.
Tear croissants into pieces and place them in a small gratin dish that holds about 2 cups.
- 2Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and swirl around to help dissolve the sugar before placing the saucepan on a burner over medium to high heat.
- 3Caramelize the mixture by letting it boil for 3 to 5 minutes or until it turns a deep amber color.
- 4Reduce the heat to low, add the cream and,while whisking,add the milk and bourbon. Any solid toffee that forms in the pan will dissolve easily if you keep whisking over low heat. Take the pan off the heat and, still whisking, add the beaten eggs until it forms a custard.
- 5Pour the custard over the croissants, and -if the croissants are extremely stale-let the pudding stand for 10 minutes to steep.
- 6Bake for 20 minutes. Serve.