Bread Pudding with Strawberry Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1french bread, stale, sliced 1/2 inch thick
1 qtskim milk
1/2 cbutter, melted
1 tspground nutmeg
1 ptfresh strawberries or 16 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
1/4 corange juice
3 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Bread Pudding with Strawberry Sauce
- Place one layer of sliced french bread in the bottom of a greased 9-inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the currants.
- Place another layer of bread on top and sprinkle with the remaining currants.
- Mix together the eggs, sugar, milk, butter, vanilla and nutmeg and pour gently over the bread and currants, making sure all the top layer is saturated.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven, uncovered, until the custard is set and the top is lightly browned, about 45 minutes.
- Cut into servings and top with strawberry sauce.
- Strawberry Sauce: Place the strawberries, orange juice, and lemon juice in a saucepan and cook on low until the strawberries are softened.
- Puree one-third of the strawberry mixture and return to the whole strawberry mixture.
- Combine the sugar with the cornstarch and add to the strawberries.
- Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.