Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 tspvanilla extract
1.5 tspground cinnamon
1/4 cunsalted butter
1/2 cchopped pecans
5 cfrench bread, stale, cubed
2 cconfectioners' sugar
1/2 cunsalted butter
1/2 cbourbon whiskey
How to Make Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- With an electric mixer, beat eggs until frothy (about 3 minutes).
- Add sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and cinnamon, and beat until well blended.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and milk until the butter melts (but do not allow it to boil).
- In a large bowl, mix together raisins, pecans and bread cubes.
- Combine the milk and egg mixtures, pour this over the bread and allow it to soak for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease individual ramekins or a large loaf pan.
- Add the apple to the bread pudding, and spoon mixture into the baking container.
- Place in oven and immediately reduce heat to 300 and bake for 40 minutes.
- Increase heat to 425 and bake for another 15 minutes until nicely browned.
- To make bourbon sauce, combine 2 eggs and icing sugar.
- Melt butter in a double broiler, whisk in egg mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until sugar has melted and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Allow to cool, and add bourbon.
- Serve over bread pudding.