Bread Pudding with a Crumb
- 4 c
- bread, stale
- 2 1/4 c
- light cream
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/3 c
- dried fruit
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
How to Make Bread Pudding with a Crumb
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
Butter a 2 quart baking dish or equivalent oven safe container.
- 2Cut stale bread into cubes. Any bread will do, but homemade or bakery bread is best.
- 3Beat eggs and mix in cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 4Put bread cubes in baking dish and mix in the dried fruit. Pour egg mixture over top. For best results let sit for 1/2 an hour AT LEAST. Overnight is much better.
- 5Cut butter, sugar and flour for topping together to form smallish crumbs. Does not need to be perfect, but the butter should be even distributed for best results.
- 6Sprinkle the topping over the bread and egg mixture.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes to an hour. A skewer inserted in the middle should come out fairly clean, but you don't want it too dry. There will be carry over cooking after letting it sit a few minutes.