Bread Pudding with a Crumb
4 cbread, stale
2 1/4 clight cream
1/4 tspfreshly grated nutmeg
1/3 cdried fruit
1/4 cbrown sugar
How to Make Bread Pudding with a Crumb
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
Butter a 2 quart baking dish or equivalent oven safe container.
- Cut stale bread into cubes. Any bread will do, but homemade or bakery bread is best.
- Beat eggs and mix in cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Put bread cubes in baking dish and mix in the dried fruit. Pour egg mixture over top. For best results let sit for 1/2 an hour AT LEAST. Overnight is much better.
- Cut butter, sugar and flour for topping together to form smallish crumbs. Does not need to be perfect, but the butter should be even distributed for best results.
- Sprinkle the topping over the bread and egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes to an hour. A skewer inserted in the middle should come out fairly clean, but you don't want it too dry. There will be carry over cooking after letting it sit a few minutes.