3 cmilk - scalded (just to a boil)
5 slicebuttered toast
·raisins (optional) depends on how much you like raisins
How to Make Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Take 2 tbs. of the sugar from the 1 cup of sugar and mix with the 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and set aside.
- Scald the milk and let cool. ( Remember just to a boil )
- Make the buttered toast and cut into cubes and place in greased loaf pan.
- Mix the eggs, salt, sugar and vanilla and whisk together. When milk has cooled add and whisk all together.
- Pour milk mixture over the toast, making sure all the toast is covered. ( I take a fork and lightly press down on the toast )
- Sprinkle the top with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- I put the loaf pan in a 8 x 11 baking pan with about 1/2 in water and bake. You don't have to do this but I think it bakes better.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hr. or until a knife comes out of the center clean.