★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 slice
- bread, buttered and cut into cubes
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Bread Pudding
- 1Grease double boiler. Put brown sugar on bottom of top of double boiler. Add buttered bread cubes.
- 2Slightly beat eggs, add milk and vanilla. mix and then add baking powder and salt. Mix again thoroughly. Add to brown sugar and bread cubes carefully and stir together easily to incorporate altogether. Remember the casserole has been greased.
- 3Have the bottom area of double boiler ready to go with water that has been boiling. Put top with ingredients into bottom half for cooking. Let cook until all is set up. Knife will come out clean. Can use cover for the first part of cooking. Watch water in double boiler that it doesn't boil out. It will take between 40 and 50 minutes I think to complete cooking and setting up.
The Pudding is really better cold but some folks may like it warm with whipped cream or whatever your topping choice may be.