Belgian Chocolate Mousse
7 ozbittersweet baking chocolate, broken into chunks
2 ozmilk chocolate (about 2/3 cup)
1/4 cupbrewed coffee, still slightly warm
1/8 cupcoffee liqueur (such as kahlua, tia maria, etc)
4 largeeggs, separated (note: you'll use all 4 egg whites but only 2 egg yolks)
1 Tbspgranulated sugar
1 1/8 cupsheavy cream, chilled
·fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries, for serving
How to Make Belgian Chocolate Mousse
- Melt chocolate in a small metal bowl over a pot of boiling water (double boiler).
- In a large metal bowl, stir together the coffee and Kahlua. Add the melted chocolate, and whisk until smooth. Add the 2 egg yolks, and whisk until well combined.
- In an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, beat together the 4 egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- With electric mixer, beat cream until medium peaks form. Stir whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Spoon into parfait glasses (or wine goblets), cover glasses and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
- Serve chilled with a few raspberries or sliced strawberries spoon on top.