Bananas Foster Puddings
Geoffry Le Cher
1 pkg4-serving instant vanilla pudding
8 ozlight sour cream
1 tspvanilla extract
1 Tbspdark rum
4 mediumripe bananas
2 tspvegetable oil
8shortbread cookies, crumbled
4dollops of whipped cream
2 Tbspdark rum
How to Make Bananas Foster Puddings
- Mix pudding mix and milk until smooth.
- Add sour cream and continue to mix. Once smooth…
- Add vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon dark rum. Mix well and set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cookie crumbs in bottom of parfait or pudding dishes. Set aside.
- Lightly coat bananas with oil and sprinkle with sugar.
- In a hot non-stick pan, grill bananas for 1 minute per side. Remove from heat and place in dish in an ‘X’
- Fill parfait dishes with pudding, leaving about 1/4 inch to the lip of the dish. Sprinkle the remainder of the crumbled cookie on top of the dessert
- Refrigerate 3-4 hours. 10 minutes before service, remove pudding from refrigerator.
- Mix remainder of rum and brandy in a coffee cup and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 60 seconds.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream/topping to each dish.
- Move dessert to table, carefully remove plastic wrap from rum mixture and pour about 1 tablespoon into each dish… CAUTION!!! Light and enjoy the show. Alcohol will burn off in about 1 minute, and create a really cool, warm/cold aspect to this dish.