Banana Pudding - From Scratch
How to Make Banana Pudding - From Scratch
- In a 3 1/2 quart sauce pot, mix together sugar, egg yolks, milk, flour and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add Vanilla Extract.
- Layer bowl with Vanilla Wafers, banana slices (sliced lengthwise) and pudding. It usually makes about 3 layers.
- In glass bowl, beat egg whites, 4-6 tsp sugar and Cream of Tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue on top of pudding and put in 350 degree oven until turns golden brown and silky.