1 1/2 ccrushed vanilla wafers (about 50)
1/2 cchopped pecans (or another 1/2 cup of vanilla wafer crumbs)
1/3 cmelted butter or margarine
3 ccold milk
2 pkginstant vanilla pudding (4 serving size each)
somewhipped cream or cool whip
How to Make Banana Cream Pie Bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix wafer crumbs, pecan pieces, and butter in a 13 x 9" baking dish. Press firmly onto the bottom of the dish.
- Bake the crust for about 8 minutes at 325 degrees F. Cool 10 minutes or so.
- Top crust with banana slices.
- Pour milk into a large bowl and add dry pudding mixes. Beat with a wire whisk 2 minutes, or until well blended. Spoon 2 cups of pudding over the banana layer.
- Gently blend 1 cup of whipped cream into the remaining pudding and spoon over the pie bars.
- Top with the remaining Cool Whip, if that's what you're using. If you have whipped cream, wait to top until serving time.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.