How to Make Baked Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- 1Combine milk, pumpkin, rice, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil. Stir constantly.
- 2Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 mins. stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat.
- 3Beat eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. SLOWLY add pumpkin mixture, blending well after each addition. Make sure you add it slowly so you don't end up with scrambled eggs.
- 4Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Bake at 375 for 45-50 mins. or until pudding is set.
- 5Cool slightly if you're serving warm, we think it tastes better cold. Garnish with whip cream. Refrigerate left overs.