Baked Lemon Pudding
How to Make Baked Lemon Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together 1 cup of sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add the remaining 1/2 c. sugar gradually while continuing to beat egg whites. Set aside.
- Without washing the beaters, beat the egg yolks until light yellow. Add the lemon rind, lemon juice, milk and butter. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Gently fold the stiff egg whites into the lemon mixture until no whites show. Pour into 2 qt. casserole. Place in pan of water and bake for 45 minutes. Chill for 1 hour before serving.