Baked Apple & Cranberries With Dumplings
Sweet apples and tart cranberries are always a yummy combo. This dessert isn't overly sweet but it is enough to satisfy your sweet tooth thanks to the honey and cinnamon. The dumplings are a biscuit type and go great with the apples. Delicious with whipped cream, but vanilla ice cream would be fab too. A perfect fall dessert!
Note: We had to add about 1 tbsp more of buttermilk to get the proper dumpling consistency. And, we thought 4 dumplings were a bit large for our dish so we opted to make 6.
- gala apples, cored/peeled/sliced/chopped
- 1 c
- cranberries, fresh whole, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted in 1/1/2 qt. size casserole
- 4 or 5 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar cinnamon mixture (1 tbsp sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon)
- 1/2 c
- walnuts, chopped
- 1 c
- Bisquick mix; I used "low-fat mix"
- 4 Tbsp
FRUIT AND NUTS